Australian Property Market Update: June 2019
Welcome to my Australian property market update for June of 2019 where we dive into the housing data as well as look at the news and things that may have an effect on the property market.
0:00 – Introduction
0:53 – Major changes that have happened
4:00 – Looking globally
4:46 – Potential global recession looming
6:33 – Let’s jump into the data. Dwelling values down 0.5% last month
8:03 – Sydney is declining faster than Melbourne – -0.5% vs -0.3%
8:34 – Monthly changes of the capital cities
9:53 – Changes from peak of the capital cities
11:00 – It’s been 19 months of national decline
11:43 – Transaction numbers remain lower than average
12:46 – Rental growth continues to slow
14:15 – Rental yields are growing significantly
15:16 – Day on market are currently dropping
15:57 – Monthly value or new finance commitments are trending downways
16:40 – Lowest cash rate since the 1960’s
17:15 – Percentage of interest only loans has plummeted since 2017
18:02 – Sydney housing data
20:22 – Melbourne housing data
21:08 – Brisbane housing data
23:05 – Adelaide housing data
23:58 – Perth housing data
25:48 – Hobart housing data
27:25 – Darwin housing data
28:43 – Canberra housing data
29:54 – Do I think the bottom has hit?
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."