10 Things To Consider Before Investing in Granny Flats
Granny flats can be a great way to add cash flow to a property and even create positive cash flow. But there are some things you need to consider before going ahead and building a granny flat
0:00 – Introduction
0:25 – #1: Does this fit into your strategy
0:55 – #2: Can you legally build a granny flat in your area and on your block
2:33 – #3: Are you going to be able to rent out the granny flat
7:44 – #4: Make sure the tenant in the main house is aware there will be a granny flat added in the backyard
9:08 – #5: Do you have the money to build the granny flat
11:37 – #6: Consider which builder to choose
12:35 – #7: Ensure your build is a fixed price contract
13:46 – #8: What is your end goal and does this line up with your exit strategy
16:04 – #9: How will this affect the speed of sale of your property
16:53 – #10: How are you going to provide access and privacy to the property + what optional extras will you choose?
20:02 – Make sure you do your due diligence before investing in or building a granny flat
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."