The 5 Best Books On Property Investment (Ep68)
Today I’m looking at the five best books on property investment that I recommend for Australian property investors.
From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years
I have talked about this book a myriad of times. It’s Steve McKnight’s book, From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years.
This is my pinnacle of real estate investing books and is partly the reason why Positive Cash Flow Australia exists today. From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years is great because it shows Steve and his business partner’s venture on how they accomplished this feat.
It also goes into details about individual properties and looks through the numbers and how he got to the point where it was positively cash flowed.
It’s a really great book because it talks about the property market in Australia and about managing your finances. It looks at how to analyse the cash flow of properties and overall is just a fantastic read.
How to Create an Income for Life
The second book is How to Create an Income for Life by Margaret Lomas.
Margaret has written many books about investing in property in Australia and more specifically investing in positive cash flow property.
I remember reading another of her books when I was seventeen and travelling with my Dad to look at properties. It was The Pocket Guide to Positive Cash Flow Property. I have read many of her books and they are all great.
But How to Create an Income for Life is my favourite of hers because it teaches you not just about investing in positive cash flow property but also about obtaining financial freedom.
From 0 to Financial Freedom
The Australian market has changed dramatically since he released From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years. Steve’s strategy of buying cheap properties that were positively geared may not work for every investor today.
So Steve takes a fresh look at the property market and how he would go about achieving financial freedom again today.
7 Steps to Accelerated Wealth
7 Steps to Accelerated Wealth by John Fitzgerald is an oldie but a goodie.
This was one of the first property books that I read after I read Steve McKnight’s book. It doesn’t talk about positive cash flow property but it does look at neutral cash flow property.
It talks about building wealth and achieving financial freedom through growing equity and capital gains.
Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing
And book number five is Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki.
This is not specifically a property investing book but it does talk about property investing in general.
It also goes into more detail about share trading and using options and so forth. It’s a great overview for anyone who’s interested in learning more about investing.
The reason I love this book is that it leads on from Rich Dad, Poor Dad and The Cash Flow Quadrant. I recommend those two books as well.
But he talks about how he recommends people invest in property because it’s like a mini business. He helps us to understand cash flow and to learn and manage that.
Robert Kiyosaki gives us a great overview of investing in general and investing in property. It’s a very easy read with lots of stories.
So there you have the five best books on property investment that I recommend if you’re an Australian property investor or if you’re wanting to get into the property market.
You can also head over to PositiveCashFlowAustralia.com.au/books for a full list of thirty books that I recommend.
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."