How To Not Over-Capitalise on a Property
When it comes time to do a renovation on a property it is very important not to over-capitalise and waste money on that property. So how do you avoid over-capitalisation and what are the best ways to spend your money.
0:00 – Introduction
0:40 – Ben’s worst example of over capitalising
4:12 – Over-spec’ing a home and lowering the debt position too much
6:14 – You generally need to renovate your property every 10-15 years anyway
7:26 – An example where Ben isn’t over-capitalising
9:23 – How to avoid over-capitalising
12:10 – You need to look at the end result of your renovation and understand the end goal
14:41 – The issue with over-capitalising
16:25 – Talk to your property manager
17:00 – Having a clear short and long term strategy is vital
19:30 – Bens’ constantly making mistakes and learning
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."