Do You Go With Different Mortgage Providers For Each Investment Property?
Do you go with a different mortgage provider for each investment property or do you have multiple properties with a single lender?
Ryan: Here’s a question for you, Ben. Do you tend to go with different mortgage providers from one property to the next?
Ben: Yeah, I do. In an ideal world every single loan that I have would be with a different provider. The reason I do that is because most banks in their contract will have what they call an All Monies Clause, which means if you default on one of their loans they can sell multiple properties even though they’re not cross-collateralized to get their money back. So it’s very difficult for a bank to go to another bank and try and sue a bank, because they’re all got the same firepower. It’s a lot easier for them to sue an individual and foreclose on them. The reason I’ve got a couple properties with the same banks at the moment is just because I’ve started businesses and my lending options reduced, but over the next 12 months I’ll start changing them to completely different lenders again. Always talk to your lenders if possible, only because when the JFCs do happen a lot of their second and third tier lenders go bankrupt.
Ryan: Just to clarify, that’s what Ben personally does for his situation, so we’re not giving advice to anyone out there-
Ben: It’s my situation, really personal. Sorry.
Ryan: Yeah. But hopefully you guys can get some value from that.
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."