How To Use Video To Market And Sell Your Home Or Investment Property (Ep104)
Sam Towns from Petrusma Property has been using video as an effective way to sell his client’s home quicker and for more money.
Today I talk to him about why video is such an effective marketing tool for selling property.
What Do Videos Do And How Do People Response to It
You got to understand, when you are thinking about the buyer you want to draw them into the properties. So when you are talking about the internet, you talk about bounce rates.Most properties have a 3-5 second bounce rates.
Someone will quickly have a look at it and bounce off onto something else, see another property and bounce off to something else. And with the video what you are doing is you are drawing them into that property and rather than 10 second bounce rate you are actually keeping people for two minutes on the property.
And what I sort of explained to someone – if I could sit down with every individual buyer that is remotely interested in buying your house and sit with them on the couch at 9 o’clock in the night, put my arm around their shoulder and tell them and talk them through the house and to explain to them why should they buy the property and why this is the right house for them, if I could do that with thousands of buyers looking at the property, would that be good?
And of course the answer is yes. But I don’t have time in my day to do that and with the video I can so I can meet them where they’re at, whether they are at-on their iPad, their iPhone, computer screen, wherever it is, and essentially help them understand why this is a property to buy.
Explain to them when the sun comes through, these windows, explain them they will love sitting out and enjoying the sound of the birds. Photos don’t do that, they don’t tell the story. And people love looking at photos but they can’t often put them together.
Many of the properties I’m selling I’m selling in the first week. So if an interstate buyer is wanting to engage with the property there is every chance they won’t have a chance to fly down and see the house.
So what the videos are doing it is giving buyers confidence to make offer on a sight unseen. That seems crazy but you’d be surprised how many properties actually sell. I might have 5 offers and there might be 2 of those offers on a sight unseen and that is straight of the video really.
And you can find it if it is shared on Facebook and people do engage with it on just on a whole another level.
How Expensive Is It To Get A Video Made?
I’ve got relationships that have been built over the years and so it is not expensive for sellers to get videos done. So we’ve got very good rates so the cost for someone to do one of our videos is about the cost of putting a small add in a newspapers.
So when you think about the video being something you have for the life (and actually for that matter something that the owner can take away as a memorabilia item of the house that they have lived in for so long.)
That’s a pretty small investment really.
If I felt that putting a billboard up in a middle of town or in a mall is going to sell a house I would be recommending that but at the end of the day the things that are recommended for an owner to invest are things that work.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Blue Horizons Property – Corr and Helene have already helped hundreds of investors invest in positive cash flow properties with high growth potential in the Surat Basin in Queensland. Don’t invest in the wrong area. View their featured listings for their latest properties.
Here are some examples of Sam’s Property videos. As you can see…they are amazing!
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."