Australian Property Market Update: May 2019
In this Australian property market update we see Australia is still in wide spread decline but there are surprisingly positive signs that I didn’t expect. We also talk about some of the larger economic factors at play.
0:00 – Introduction
0:37 – The rate of decline continues to slow
1:55 – Monthly value of new housing finance commitments increased
2:40 – Every capital city reported a decline with the exception of Canberra
5:05 – Sydney market update
6:35 – Melbourne market update
7:54 – Brisbane market update
9:45 – Adelaide market update
10:25 – Perth market update
11:14 – Hobart market update
12:41 – Darwin market update
13:55 – Canberra market update
14:30 – Rents have grown 0.3% nationally over the past 3 months
15:38 – Total listings remains high, but new listings are down significantly
16:32 – Other economic factors – Mortgage rates, loan approval process, election + economy
18:17 – Australia’s private housing debt bubble and a bleaker view of the future
20:10 – Still a turbulent time in the Australian property market
Is Brisbane cheaper than it was 10 years ago? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_dJqIADBJ8
In The Interest of the People YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzwmB2wn8Slp3hko2Gpj2iA
Switzer Interview with Steve Keen – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU2jwUihIcs
My Interview with Steve Keen (2015) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brX18YrTPTY
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."