We are currently running a 10 part depreciation series here at On Property.
I was lucky enough to score an in person interview with the managing director of BMT Quantity Surveyors – The largest quantity surveyor business in Australia.
They have hundreds of staff all over Australia and Brad is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to depreciation for investment properties.
Below are the links to the 10 episodes. If you want a downloadable PDF of all 10 episodes simply click here and enter your email address and we will send it to you when it is ready.
Depreciation Series Links
10. getting a scrapping schedule done
Download The PDF
Get this 10-Part Depreciation Series in an easy to read PDF document that you can keep or print. This is currently being created and will be emailed to you when available. Download Now
The Best Property Depreciation Estimators
Calculating depreciation on a property can be extremely difficult. Not only do you need to calculate the depreciation on the build itself, but you also need to calculate the “plant and equipment” which all depreciates at varying rates.
The below calculators can be used a rough guides, but realistically you should speak to a quantity surveyor to get an accurate depreciation schedule for your property.
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
- Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only;
- We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information;
- We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer;
- The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant;
- The information may not be suitable or applicable to the Listener, Reader or Viewer's individual circumstances;
- We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.
"This property investment strategy is so simple it actually works"
Want to achieve baseline financial freedom and security through investing in property? Want a low risk, straightforward way to do it? Join more than 20,000 investors who have transformed the way they invest in property."